Thanks everyone that pointed out issues, particularly Leethar.
This is a pretty huge update, but I’m still calling it a “hotfix” since it’s really just bugfixes that ideally shouldn’t have been in the previous update. It is now live on both servers. Make sure you clear cache or do a hard refresh, as most of these are client fixes and I haven’t implemented any version control yet.
This key can be redeemed on your account page up to 300 times to grant main server access to the alpha: ALFA-2TWO-00UP-DATE
- Fixed dozens of content issues: there were minor story issues with Lia; finned had some improper replacement getter; repeated goo use had some unclosed psuedocode; amphib herms were missing a getter for their assigned name; shuttle no longer becomes broken when reloading the game from there; female taur missing some clothing checks; repositioned male taur; plantgirl ambush should no longer assume you’re completely topless/bottomless after just taking the outerlayer of clothing if you’re wearing multiple layers
- Fixed dozens of wording & grammar issues: finned, goo, female taur
- Fixed an engine issue that would show dialog options when only the first conditional was passed, yet properly didn’t resolve it on the server end, enabling the player to select a dialog option which they don’t pass which thus leaves it unresolvable. Affected the Lia repeated attempt to use an injector/capsule on her, and likely many others, which should be fine now.
- Fixed an engine issue that would show dialog options when only the first conditional was passed, yet properly didn’t resolve it on the server end, enabling the player to select a dialog option which they don’t pass which thus leaves it unresolvable. Affected the Lia repeated attempt to use an injector/capsule on her, and likely many others, which should all be fine now.
- Unmet conditions for a revealed dialog option now show a list of all the conditions.
- Automatic text replacement now only happens when the selected variable getter outputs a string. “your libido” will no longer erroneously change to “your 80”.
- Fixed cum/squirt not being flagged to be normally bare, thus it would sometimes output “bare cum”.
- One of the plantgirls encounters is removed from the main server as it’s just too unfinished/unplayable for now. (it’s still on test)
- Adjectives/noun lists in character descriptions are now parsed better, avoiding issues that could come up from inputting double commas, or having a trailing comma.
- As descriptions are generated in each scene, they’ll become more concise as they go.
- Rewrote and brought back the missing feature that would describe clothed parts. It was bugged and describing everything as if bare. The new descriptions output also favors concise descriptions after repeated outputs.
- As long as there is more than one noun or adjective for a body part, descriptions will no longer be the same exact one repeated one after another.
- Made some changes to the way the game attempts to automatically detect that some content should be removing some clothing or uncovering some body part(s). This very well may have made some new issues where some content temporarily removes clothing when it shouldn’t (if you find such a bug, you’ll see weird writing with it describing bare parts with other writing around it sounding like it’s clothed).
- Stats should summarize correctly now, with the bonus stats from Traits rolling into the base stats and giving the correct total where appropriate.
- All character saves have been cleared, just in case there is left over messed up stuff causing problems. There wasn’t a sane way to refractor the stats fix, too.
Known or known-ish issues:
- Top/bottoms description may have issues when it comes to multiple layers? Might need to add a description getter to only show the outer layer, or something.
- Issues sometimes come up with there being duplicate references to item instances, making an item unequipable. Similar issue may make the client output bare or clothed descriptions when your character should be topless or bottomless and such. I think this is rare and usually there’s no problem.
- Gail needs a complete rewrite, pretty much. Can’t just take her out because she’s integral to a lot of progression.
- Eggs don’t get cleared out when clearing a save? Not confirmed. I need to rework that whole system, though, to be more object oriented.
If you find more issues, please post them on the forums, and with steps on how to recreate them for the more major ones that aren’t just writing issues. Please don’t use the feedback section in the game to report bugs!