On to the engine
In this part, I’ll describe how the game server actually works.
This was written in one sitting. I didn’t edit it very much. Excuse it being poorly formatted, I’m just really busy!
When I first started on the MMO server a year ago, I knew that in the future I might want to have a 3D MMORPG sort of like Ragnarok Online but with hentai on it.
I knew I could make something that doesn’t care too much about what the client is like, if it’s open ended enough.This has the advantage of having LEWD … Continue reading →
When I knew I wanted to make a text adventure game; one that can handle ton of content; run in the browser; and be online so it can foster role playing, I knew I had to make a new engine for it(even if I can’t figure out what to call said engine).
I also knew I’d have to make development tools that make creating content easier.
I know a lot of text games out there require a programmer to manually add in content and program how it works. To really make LEWD as big as I want it, I … Continue reading →
Hey! I think things are about coming to order.
The pre-alpha game is relatively bug free and stable right now. I know there’s still a few, and report them if you see them to help me track them down.
The amount of content is decent-ish. It’s about as long as the average novel. There’s still a bit more I want to get in before launching the KS. Well really, there’s tons more things I want to write, but I have to stop somewhere to keep things from moving at such a slow pace, and get the kickstarter going.
… Continue reading →
-Updated the Register, Login, etc pages to look like the rest of the site.
-Fixed a bug where quests would point to an empty spot if they weren’t for the current map. Quests that aren’t for the current map now point no where.
-Fixed parts of the last writing parser update being incomplete in how it detects clothing removal, both full and partial.
I didn’t really test it enough last time, and just assumed some things. :p More detail is at the bottom of this post
-Too many little bug fixes to list. … Continue reading →
-Minor, but needed, forum styling changes.
-Fixed a(the?) bug that would cause the solar system to not build.
-Updated much of the game server’s code. Hopefully I didn’t make new bugs in doing so.
-Added some more errors to initialization to hopefully clarify things or track down issues.
-Updated writing parser to strip out escaping backslashes after they’re no longer needed.
-Fixed an issue where the Scenes in complex Events would delete out previous text that they shouldn’t.
The intended behavior was that writing history in scenes would stay there, but … Continue reading →
-Comments on blog is working again! Though, they still don’t update the comment counter that WordPress has. I’m going to probably need someone to do the WordPress and Vanilla Forums coding in the future, so I can just focus on the game.
-There is now a suggestion forum. I didn’t set it up before because I had a clear plan of what I wanted in the alpha. But now that I’m going to launch a new kickstarter soon, I can start gathering ideas for the road toward a beta (assuming it’s funded).
-Fixed a bug … Continue reading →
Well, could say that the update to the new look with the solar system was big. It was, code wise. But this is the largest in terms of content being added at once, and there being so many little game changes.
-Fixed male gender icons being displayed for all NPCs.
-Fixed scenes not exiting when a piece of clothing wasn’t worn.
-Fixed a bug where the writing parser would describe something similar to “___ and ___ and part” instead of “___ and ___ part”.
-When joining a new Zone, the camera is centered on your new … Continue reading →
I have a much bigger update that’s already partially done and on the client, with a lot more content. However, it’s not finished so I wanted to make a post about this one particular update that’s deserving of a post of its own.
The last update for the writing parser was both a rework of clothing and bodyparts. This lead to me being able to update the character generation to allow custom descriptions, and a lot more variation in the verbage that the writing parser outputs so you don’t keep seeing the same descriptions over and over. There’s more detail … Continue reading →
Hey again, everyone~
Well I took a 2 month break for various reasons, some of which was the holidays. Now I’m back to try and work on it a lot again, and speed things along. I already have a pretty big update for you all. 😀
-Polished up some text on the death screen. It was inaccurately saying that it was a WIP. (WIP is pretty relative, this being an alpha, but… yeah)
-Fixed many issues that involve changing what part of the UI is focused (mainly tabbing or clicking between chat and the map/scenes)
-“bottoms” description … Continue reading →
-Fixed a bug that caused errors to be thrown in IE9 and IE10, making the game not work at all.
-Fixed a bug where the writing parser wouldn’t show a character description for their rear.
-Updated how client and server syncs character updates/transformations/etc, in relation to getters and setters. It can now detect changes in the getters, which it’ll sync through. This fixes a bug with the phallic symbiote, as well as preventing other issues that could have come up in the future.
-Gail should now instruct you to put on the phallic symbiote if you already have … Continue reading →