-Forums now send email notifications.
-Reworked how “death” works. You can now do a “soft restart”, or clone, instead of having to refresh and start all over with the character generation.
-Fixed a bug where the Heat Inducing Injector scene for the Lunari would freeze the game.
A while back, I was speaking about how I wanted some sort of potential consequences. Having to worry some about randomly making choices, or trying to explore every possible outcome, helps keep people more engaged. You have to actually read, and think about what might happen. It also can … Continue reading →
My wrists hurt from writing so much code yesterday. -_-
- Fixed the account activation link from email.
- Fixed a bug where people wouldn’t get past character creation and onto a zone.
- Fixed an issue where the character creation screen would sometimes be unnavigateable.
- Fixed completed quest-indicators not disappearing from the map.
- Fixed some issues from the last update where some descriptions weren’t showing.
- Fixed other player-character’s clothing not showing on their character card.
- Fixed many bugs with certain scenes.
- Simplified player character details for your own character.
- Changed the default adjectives for chest … Continue reading →
Hi everyone. You’ll notice there are no updates lately.
I’ve been watching The International 3 tournament, as well as having my usual work to do, so I haven’t been able to focus and get any complete updates out.
I have been working on a really big update to items, so they can have a wide ranging API for buttons to do things (discard, equip, unequip, and anything else that effects the player or possibly the world), but it’s not completely polished up yet.
Since it looks like I might not be able to get this update out until next week, … Continue reading →
- Updated API for clothing.
- Less data needs to be exchanged from the server.
- Only a few more changes will be needed to support things like body suits and accessories. This is sort of a precursor update to allow those sorts of things to be possible later down the line.
- An interface element now shows on your character card when there are unspent stat points to spend. This allows stats to be spent after character creation.
- Filled default keys into options, instead of them needing to be changed before they show.
The first doesn’t really “show” … Continue reading →
Just occurred to me that it’d be better for me to post these updates here on the blog, rather than the forum.
- Stats system reworked. You now start at level 3 of all stats as the base.
- This is to have a baseline that can be subtracted from with negative traits. 3 is considered “average”.
- Tweaked how stat and trait costs are displayed.
- Begun adding a few traits, and trait points system.
- Precursor update converting traits to JSON, so I can push dynamic updates of traits from the server later on.
- Precursor update to track various … Continue reading →
Programming this is fairly easy. The harder part is having the forethought to know exactly what I’m going to need.
I know that with items I need to have a way to organize them on a player, track them efficiently on the server(to prevent duping, spawning from thin air, etc), and what sparked getting this done is that I also wanted to make it so Events can modify your clothes – which are an item.
There was quite a lot of doing over that I had to do when in the middle of working on it I kept … Continue reading →
First off, I’m not getting things as done as quickly as I planned a few days ago. I thought that in 2 weeks or so(June 16th, since I figured that), I could have a ton more done and launch a new Kickstarter.
Turns out, I’m just way too exhausted from working so hard to do what I’ve done already, in making a new engine. Some days I was working for 20 hours straight, and I still haven’t fully recovered. I took 2 and a half whole days off, but I was still tired.
So, I’m taking things slowly. … Continue reading →
I’m working on setting up a website for LEWD, besides this little blog.
I’ll be working on the writing and maybe the map making tool as well, after that.
This is just a little heads up, since these posts have been quiet. Though, most of the quietness before this comes from trying to promote the demo.
A lot of people were asking about this, how writing is made.
The goal for this sort of stuff from the start was that I would have easy to use tools so regular people I commission to do writing and make content will be able to get their writing in game.
Like the first post, about how the maps can just be made in Photoshop or another program that can save PNGs with an alpha channel, creating NPCs is simple too.
First of all, it seems that most of these games, the programmer(s) of them to break up the … Continue reading →